Salt of the earth film watch for free online
Salt of the earth film view photos
- Salt of the earth film 2014
- Salt of the earth film 1954
- Salt of the earth film analysis
- Salt of the earth film summary
- Salt of the earth film review
- Salt of the earth film wim wenders
- Salt of the earth filmaffinity
- Salt of the earth filmweb
Salt of the earth film latest news
· The movie title "The Salt of the Earth" is also a reference to the photographer's last name. Salgado is Portuguese for salty. If you add salt to something, it becomes "salgado".
· Directed by Herbert J. Biberman. With Juan Chacón, Rosaura Revueltas, Will Geer, David Bauer. Mexican workers at a Zinc mine call a general strike. It is only through the solidarity of the workers, and importantly the indomitable resolve of their wives, mothers and daughters, that they eventually triumph.
· Salt of the Earth is a 1954 American drama film written by Michael Wilson, directed by Herbert J. Biberman, and produced by Paul Jarrico. All had been blackl...
You can watch the film directly from this website (courtesy of Library of Congress Open Archive), or you can click the YouTube link below: (Salt of the Earth):
· Another movie about beleaguered workers opened to quite a different reception that same year. Like Kazan’s film, Salt of the Earth was based on an actual situation, in this case a mining strike in New Mexico. Both movies were shot on location with the participation of those who had lived the real stories.
· One of the most daring social problem films of the 1950s, Salt of the Earth is based on a real-life labor strike, using the miners as actors. It’s an example of a rare American film that propagates socialist realist cinema. Made outside the studio system by the blacklisted Michael Wilson, producer Paul Jarrico, and director Herbert Biberman, the film gave its …
· Salt of the Earth was a film made at the height of the Cold War during McCarthyism. In this assignment, you are to watch the film Salt of the Earth (which you can also find on YouTube if you prefer) and then take some time to do your own research on McCarthyism and the Hollywood Blacklists. Yes, the film is black and white, but it is very good.